Our Spirit Health Club in Gloucester is open for hotel guests and club members
Welcome back to our Spirit Health Club in Gloucester – Cheltenham! Hotel guests staying at Holiday Inn Gloucester – Cheltenham and our Spirit members can enjoy using our club’s swimming pool and gym.
How we’re keeping you safe
Keeping you safe and happy is our priority, which is why our team has been busy introducing new Covid-19 health and safety measures all around the club.
- Social distancing throughout the club, with helpful signage and markers to guide you around the club
- Installing hand and equipment sanitising stations
- Spacing out gym equipment, giving you plenty of room to hit your personal best!
- Cleaning more frequently and thoroughly – including before and after any equipment is used so you can enjoy your workout with peace of mind
- Protecting our staff with PPE and Perspex screens at reception
Book your slot at our gym and swimming pool
To maintain safe social distancing around the club, we have temporarily reduced the number of people who can use the club at any one time.
Our club has also introduced a convenient booking system, which you will need to use to book your slot at our gym and our swimming pool.*
- You can book a 45-minute time slot for the gym
- You can book a 45-minute time slot for the pool
- Using the gym and swimming pool: if you’d like to use both our facilities, please book an individual slot for the gym and another for the pool later – once your gym session is over you can exit the club and return for your swim later on
How to book your slot
You can book your slot online by logging in to your dedicated member area or download our app.
If you’re booking online, you’ll need to activate your account – simply click on the link below and select ‘Activate my Account’. You’ll then need to enter your details, and once this is done you’ll be sent your password via email.
Download our app
Book your slots at our club, manage your membership and contact us easily via our app! Follow the below instructions on downloading our Spirit Health Club app.
Need to cancel your slot?
If you need to change your slot, simply cancel on the app or call us on 01452 618 194 up to two hours prior to your booked slot to amend it.
You also have the option of being added to our club’s waitlist, so if someone cancels their booking we can make their slot available to you.
*Bookings can be made seven days in advance. Bookings open from 08:00am for the following week. Members can only book two sessions per days to multi areas, such as the gym and pool once it reopens.
Using our Spirit Health Club in Gloucester
You all make our club the amazing place it is, and we need your help to keep our community healthy, happy and safe.
When you’re using our club, please keep the following in mind:
- Please wear a face covering when entering the club, when you’re at reception and when you’re in the club’s public areas.
- You can enter the club from our hotel’s entrance or via our club’s entrance. Please ensure you’re wearing a face mask when you’re walking through the hotel’s public areas.
- Arrive at the club dressed for your workout – our lockers, changing rooms and showers will be closed temporarily, but the sinks and toilets will be available. If you have mobility requirements and need extra space, please speak to our team.
- Scan your membership card at reception when you enter the club. If you’re a hotel guest, simply check in with our Reception.
- Need to buy something from our club? Use contactless payment as a quick and easy way to buy your essentials.
- Use hand sanitiser before and after you’ve used the equipment.
- Give the gym equipment a clean before and after you’ve used it using the sanitiser from the sanitising stations within the club.
- Stick to the 15-minute time limit on each piece of equipment – this way, all of our members can enjoy the equipment.
- Avoid sharing equipment and when you’re using a new piece of equipment remember to give it a good clean.
- Bring your own water bottle to stay hydrated throughout your workout – our water fountains will temporarily be unavailable.
- Avoid bringing towels into the gym area.
Using our club’s swimming pool
Ready to dive in? Before you use our club’s swimming pool, please keep the following in mind:
- To protect other pool users, we’re asking all swimmers to take a quick shower before and after you use the swimming pool using the pool-side showers (don’t worry about bringing your own soap – we’ve got plenty ready for you to use in the shower area).
- To ensure we can safely minimise contact points in our club, please note that the showers, hairdryers and spin dryers won’t be available at this point in time.
- We’ve also introduced a one-way system for entering and leaving the swimming pool area.
Family Spirit Health Club memberships
Good news! You can bring your little ones to the swimming pool once it reopens if you’ve got a family membership.
Please keep them supervised at all times, and you’ll all need to follow the Covid-19 health and safety processes we’ve put in place.
Our other club facilities
For now, our sauna and steam room will be closed – we’ll let you know when this changes.
Our exercise classes aren’t running at the moment, and due to social distancing, personal training won’t be available just yet.
Our spa pool is, however, open – if you’d like to use it please speak to our team.
As you know, we’d paused your membership whilst the club remained closed. From 10th August, your membership will be reactivated, meaning you can enjoy our club once again!
Once your membership is reactivated, our standard membership terms will apply.
If you have an annual membership, once it’s reactivated we’re going to extend your membership by the number of months the club was closed for.
If you have a Direct Debit membership, we will not be taking payment in August from you as we owe you back time. Direct Debit payments will be re-instated on 15th September 2020.
Not ready to come back just yet? We understand that not everyone is ready to rejoin the club which is why you can keep your membership frozen.
Simply email email@example.com and let us know how long you’d like it to be frozen for (for example, one month or more).
If you have any symptoms related to Covid-19 we’d be really grateful if you could please avoid coming to the club until you feel better – thanks for helping us to keep our club a healthy, safe and happy community.
Contact our Gloucester health club
Feel free to contact us if you need to speak to a team member. Some of our team are still on furlough, so there might be a delay in us replying to your message – please bear with us and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.